Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ripe Bananas





Okay, the bananas are ripe, there was no time to waste (but then there never is in the kitchen). I decided to make some banana bread, a quick option, it just takes a while in the oven. I usually add walnuts, but I only had pecans, and it tastes even more crunchy. I also usually use regular white all purpose flour, but I used whole wheat flour instead for an extra nutty flavor (plus it's healthier, just ignore what I decided to add next). Then the last, and best ingredient... chocolate chips, milk and semi sweet chips were folded in, and sprinkled on top before I put the loaf pan in the oven. The result is a chocolatey, ooey, crunchy goodness, containing a great banana flavor. I used 3 mashed up bananas for a fairly small recipe. The texture is even light and fluffy, yet moist, adjectives that don't always go with banana bread. Of course I took some photos...



No comments:

Post a Comment